New Australian anti-terrorism laws: presumed guilty until proven innocent?
- Australia Applies New Anti-Terror Laws (AP/Washington Post)
Nasrallah: “We did not think, even 1 percent, that the capture would lead to a war at this time and of this magnitude.”
- Hezbollah Head Says He Didn’t Expect War (AP/Washington Post)
American Muslims feeling more alienated after 9/11, choose integration rather than assimilation
- America’s Muslims Aren’t as Assimilated as You Think (Washington Post)
State of the Muslim Ummah?: attempt on the life of prominent Islamic scholar at UCLA likely an attack by a fellow Muslim wanting to stifle sincere scholarship
Op-ed: Racial profiling inefficient and neglects other illegal activity
- The Flaws of Racial Profiling (Chicago Tribune)
- Saudi “Corrects” Ideas of 700 Qaeda Sympathizers (Reuters/NY Times)
New anti-terrorism laws in Jordan: following the American model?
- Jordan Parliament OKs Terrorism Law (AP/NY Times)
NY man arrested and charged with “doing business with a terrorist entity.” His lawyer argues, “It’s like the government of Iran saying we are going to ban the New York Times because we think of it as a terrorist outfit, or China saying we will ban CNN.”
- US Charges Hezbollah TV Provider (BBC News)