News and Analysis (7/15/10)

Among the unintended consequences of the U.S.-backed Ethiopian invasion of Somalia was the motivation of “a new generation of home-grown jihadists” inspired by a nationalistic desire to defend their ancestral homeland:

Mayor Bloomberg says, “Government should never — never — be in the business of telling people how they should pray, or where they can pray,” yet a planned community center intended to show that Muslims in NY are just as much a part of the community as Jews or Christians is under attack as offensive to New Yorkers …

… meanwhile, an inflammatory television advertisement by the National Republican Trust PAC is refused airtime for equating all Muslims with the 9/11 hijackers:

Invidious institutional discrimination in Israel is rampant, especially in the distribution of government services; for example, only 0.5 per cent of funds budgeted to sports and recreation goes to Arab neighborhoods; the other 99.5 per cent goes to Jewish neighborhoods:

Following the Somali-based Al Shabab assault on the Ugandan capitol on Sunday, it would do U.S. policymakers good to remember that “Washington’s intervention has only exacerbated problems in the region. It’s time once and for all for Somalis to be free of international meddling“:

In a pre-attack video, the Pakistani-American terrorist in the failed Times Square plot claimed that the “revenge attack” was “in the name of all the mujahedeen,” specifically mentioning Baitullah Mehsud and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi:

Leave a Reply