Despite being cleared of any wrongdoing, former detainees face the social sigma of an ex-convict and the harsh reality of rebuilding their lives:
The death of Baitullah Mehsud may undermine Taliban objectives but will it damage the strength of Taliban ideology?
- Drone Probably Killed Taliban Leader. Is Pakistan Safer? (Christian Science Monitor)
With an array of domestic issues at hand, Iraqis express frustration with the attention givenÂ to the proposed smoking ban:
- Nicotine-Loving Iraqis Deride Smoking-Ban Plan (Washington Post)
Exploring the motivation of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps and their ability to act within the Iranain government:
- Why Iran’s Revolutionary Guards Mercilessly Crack Down (Christian Science Monitor)
For those who accuse human right groups of an anti-Israeli bias:
- Hamas Rockets ‘a War Crime’ (Al Jazeera)
As Saudis continue to struggle with the idea of ‘free speech’; they might consider a simple solution to the offensive programing would be to turn it off:
- Saudi Man Detained Over Alleged Sex Confession (AP / Washington Post)
In the end, will the conference address the long standing need for a unified Palestinian leadership?
Leave a Reply