What is Saudi Arabia afraid of …
- The Geopolitics of the Khashoggi Murder (grahamfuller.com)
… and what are so many “Washington think tankers and pundits, not to mention senior members of the Trump administration” afraid of?
Guess who else engages in targeted political assassinations?
- A Middle East Monarchy Hired American Ex-Soldiers to Kill Its Political Enemies. This Could Be the Future of War (Buzzfeed)
“The head of the consulate, which traditionally dealt with Palestinian affairs, will return to Washington…. Instead, Ambassador to Israel David Friedman will oversee U.S. diplomatic ties with the Palestinians” in the Trump administration’s latest move to finish off the two-state solution …
… while an Israeli human rights organization charges that “ongoing efforts to legislate against Israeli human rights organizations â€œnow go hand-in-hand with the routine in which opposition to the occupation is being equated with treason” …
- Israeli Rights Group Criticizes â€˜Oppressionâ€™ of Palestinians (Washington Post)
… and “among the Palestinian leadership, Israeli officials and observers, there is increasing concern that after a long period of relative calm, there is a real possibility of an outbreak of sustained violence in the West Bank” …
… while at the Gaza border the Israelis continue to shed blood despite smaller demonstrations:
- US Student Held in Israel for ‘Backing Pro-Palestine Boycott’ Has Entry Ban Overturned (Independent)
- Malaysia’s Anwar to Question China on Muslim Detentions (Nikkei Asian Review)
- Why Girls with Muslim Names Were Married to Hindus? (Times of India)
- France Says Planned EU Mechanism to Enable Iran Trade May Have Wider Use (Channel News Asia)