An Israeli court has given the go-ahead for the forced eviction of 500 Palestinian Bedouins in the Negev/Naqab region, highlighting” Israeli apartheid:
- 500 Palestinians Facing Forcible Eviction, Displacement, and Segregation (Amnesty International)
The complaint was charges falsehood in published reports “which detailed the October ‘kidnapping’ of a scientist and ‘bans and arrests’ of artists who backed the protest movement”:
- Iran Suspends Reformist Editor over Amini Protest Coverage (The National)
Do Christine Aguilera and Imagine Dragons have the courage of Sinead O’Connor’?
- Sinéad O’Connor Had Courage, Ireland’s Leaders Do Not (Electronic Intifada)
- Palestinians, Fans, Call on Christina Aguilera to Cancel Apartheid Israel Show (BDS Movement)
- Palestinians Call on Imagine Dragons to Skip Apartheid Israel Concert (BDS Movement)
“Unlike the conventional development of cultures, Israeli surface culture came prepackaged—American fast-food style—by appropriating those very elements from the age-old traditional Palestinian culture”:
- Israel’s Largest Surface Cultural Heist: Palestinian Cuisine (Palestine Chronicle)
The “cultural and Islamic guidance department of Gilan” says he was removed for a “suspected misstep.” Is this the language they would use had he not been a government official?
“India’s postcolonial nationalistic discourse ultimately served to entrench its colonial foothold in Kashmir”:
- Colonising Kashmir: A Challenge to India’s Flawed Narrative (Middle East Eye)
Authorities in Iran probably think that “upholding copyright would necessitate refusing to arbitrarily abridge or alter the content of the books, and this is something they won’t acquiesce to”:
- Reading ‘Lolita’? Not in Tehran (Foreign Policy)
Sinaed’s imam and friend says that she loved the fact that in Islam one communes with God directly with no need for an intermediary: